I use your report (Team timesheet) every day and even more than once a day.
So, I notice the issues easily. Usually I wait for a while for resolution of the issue before I write to you.
Not this time, it seems like nobody has noticed the issue.
About 2 weeks or so the URL of the report in browser is not fixed for the report's timeframe set. I mean I scroll the dates range, report builds and nothing is changed in the URL - it still holds the parameters for the previous date.
Previously it worked fine.
The case is
Open the report by URL "https:// <customer> .atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/ac/io.tempo.jira/tempo-app#!/teams/team/ <TEAM-ID> /timesheet?columns=_WorkType1_&columns=WORKED_COLUMN&dateDisplayType=days&from=2021-09-06&groupBy=worker&groupBy=worklog&order=ASCENDING&periodKey&periodType=FIXED&showCharts=false&sortBy=TITLE_COLUMN&subPeriodType=MONTH&teamId=5&to=2021-09-06&viewType=LIST"
the <customer> with your own test subdomain
the <TEAM-ID> with your test team ID (e.g. 1 or 3 or 4/5, etc.)
The report will pull the data for Sep 6, 2021 only
2. Scroll the date to Sep 7, 2021 with help of the right arrow at date range control
The report will pull the data for Sep 7, 2021
The URL will still keep date parameters as Sep 6, 2021
3. Press F5 keyboard key or refresh button in the browser
Expected behavior: report will return the data for Sep 7th, 2021 ... but
Actual behavior: report pulls the data for Sep 6th, 2021 ... according to date parameters in the URL
That's very confusing.
- you need to validate the reporting for a particular date
- you find in the history of browser the last time you build the report and uses that URL
- you fix the date range of the report and (it can be close date or other month)
- You get the data for desired date,
- you find the issue with reporting,
- you ask team member to fix it
- team member replies the issue is fixed
- you press the browser's refresh button to see the changes and ...
surprise: the report gets the data from other day/month/year and you even might not notice this from the first look!!!
in order to get the proper data you have to scroll for desired date again and build the report ...
refresh button/F5 worked for me for years until middle of August, I just picked the previous day's URL from the history ...
now I have to build wrong date report, scroll date, in case of issues refresh the report and again scroll the date or scroll it back and forth to see the fixed data.
Now I see (if the URL won't be fixed) a solution as you need to add "Refresh"/"Apply" button to dialog in order to refresh data instead of running the report 2+ more times.
|Tempo Products||Tempo Teams|